Monday, July 21, 2008

Guardian Education -15 July 08


Another of my regular (ish) slots, the Guardian Education section.

Here Teacher of the Year Phil Beadle (Phil has a new series starting tonight on Channel 4, which should be great) talked about the ridiculous and impossible demands put on teachers, and that the only way to cope was to prioritise those that really matter and let go of the others. The relentless uphill struggle was compared in the text to the Greek myth of Sisyphus, condemned to push for all eternity a huge boulder up a steep hillside .

This was a biro sketch from my notebook, coloured and cleaned up in PS. I was going for something of the look and colours of a French Bande Dessiné (BD).

Click on the Image to ENLARGE
Click on my Name to View the rest of my BLOG

1 comment:

INDIGENE said...

You can feel the pressure in rolling that up a hill! Different take on prompt, which is enjoyable.

www.indigeneartforms.blogspot.com