Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Notebook 122


This morning I started a new A4 notebook
My Twelfthty-second! (That's about 1 a month/ every 2 months)
I love playing around with text and typography
Words mean so much to me, their sound, their meanings, their shape and feel.

Someone on here recently suggested I create a font
but that misses the point, and the joy, of hand-rendered lettering -
the accidents and infinite variety, the little mistakes and unexpected forms.

Done in black Indian ink (Encre de Chine) and dip pen

Click on the Image to ENLARGE
Click on my Name to view BLOG

Ps: the Pint Pot is a sort of personal motif - a mate of mine used to call it me, on account on my diminutive stature

3 comments:

GumballGrenade said...

Free hand lettering a skill I do not possess, but I do adore! Wonderful work.

ElizT said...

Fantastic! Black and white asymmetrical patterning makes me go all funny.

Malachi Ward said...

beautiful. Nothing hits the spot like hand-written type